The world’s highest IQ is 200, but some people were identified with IQ scores over 200. Anyone with an IQ score of 110 is considered an individual with an above-average intelligence quotient. Only a few can get an IQ over 110 on a test. These results can help experts recognize real geniuses in our communities.
Some of these exceptional genius people are more known to people comparing others. You have heard of Albert Einstein and his tremendous high IQ, but do you know Christopher Hirata, who has a higher IQ than Einstein? These people deserve more acknowledgment, and we are trying to do that here.
Who are the people with the highest IQ in the world?
The highest IQ ever listed belongs to Ainan Celeste Cawley. He holds an IQ score of 263. The list continues with other people with the highest IQs in the world.
- Ainan Celeste Cawley (263)
- William James Sidis (250-300)
- Terence Tao (225-230)
- Marilyn Vos Savant (228)
- Christopher Hirata (225)
- Kim Ung-Yong (210)
- Edith Stern (IQ score over 200)
- Christopher Michael Langan (190-210)
- Garry Kasparov (194)
- Philip Emeagwali (190)
- Judit Polgar (170)
- Albert Einstein (160-190)
- Stephen Hawking (160)
What is the intelligence quotient?
In 1916 Lewis Madison Terman invented the context of IQ. US soldiers did the first IQ test during World War I. The primary scale of IQ scores has multiple classifications.
Based on Terman’s scale, any person with an IQ score under 70 is considered “definite feeble-minded,” any person with an IQ score between 70 and 79 is regarded as “borderline deficiency,” and any person with a score between 80-89 is considered “unintelligent.” Most people gain a score between 90 to 109; these people are classified as people with regular or average intelligence.
An individual who can get a score between 110 to 119 has a high level of intelligence; on the other hand, an individual with a score between 120 to 140 has a very high level of intelligence. Gaining a score higher than 140 suggest that the person is a genius or close to a genius.
What is the highest possible IQ?
There are many discussions about whether gaining an IQ score above 200 is hypothetically possible. When the IQ test was invented, the average IQ score was placed at 100 scores. This decision indicates that the standard distribution of human intelligence should be focused on 100.
If your IQ score is below 100, you are less intelligent than ordinary people, and if your IQ score is over 100, it means you are more intelligent than ordinary people. The IQ score goes up or down 15 points in one of these directions based on each standard deviation.
Considering a standard deviation of 15, the possibility that one person can have an IQ of 200 is almost impossible. Based on all these calculations, an IQ of 194.6 can be the highest among around 7 billion people worldwide. Therefore, it is challenging to calculate the Intelligence quotient with perfect accuracy.
Following some simple tips can increase your IQ level as you age.
- Stay healthy and keep your brain active. To do that, you should work out, eat well and have enough sleep.
- Try to make a change in your everyday routine; if you always brush your teeth first and then take a shower, try to change it. These changes can keep your brain active and healthy.
- Try to do meditation. Meditation may not make sense to you, but it can help you relax, boost the level of blood flow to your brain, and help your brain to concentrate more on problem-solving assignments.
- Different supplements, such as caffeine, omega 3, or creatine, can develop your learning and perception skills.
- Try solving puzzles, learning a new skill or hobby, and reading or writing more. All these tasks are excellent and challenging practices for your mind. The brain is not a changeless organ; it can develop and grow through exercise.
- Traveling, gaining new experiences, and exercising new tasks will help you grow your brain and let you be challenged in new surroundings.
Precise and proven methods can help you increase your IQ score. These methods can help you to upgrade your score, which might not seem a big deal, but these methods can help you maintain your concentration and stay keen even when you get older.